Manzoni: Dr. "Azzeccagarbugli"

Manzoni: Dr. "Azzeccagarbugli"
Picture by Francesco Gonin, 1840 edition of Alessandro Manzoni's "I promessi sposi"

lunedì 20 aprile 2009

Thanks and something else

Dear all,

first of all I would like to thank you for your participation to the lectures and your comments on the blog: most of them are really interesting and I'm sorry that I'm not able to answer to all of them properly (today we reached the incredible number of 250 comments and there are still 6 speakers left!). Anyway, I would like to assure you that we are going to talk a little bit about them during your exam. I will try to look through your comments before the exam in order to discuss some issues with you later. Thank you also for the comments about the MOV movie that we couldn't watch together! Next time it will (has to) work, don't worry.

About Emanuela Hernandez's question, as you know, Prof. Watt was so kind to answer: I'm sure you will really enjoy his talks and I'm very sorry that I won't be there! The point is, I think, to analyse the symbolic dimension of architecture in its connection to law. I think that you can understand a little bit what it is all about reading David Evans' article I sent you. He writes about the Inns of Court in London. We don't have anything like that, but what about the architecture of tribunals in Italy? Do you know them? And the law faculties? Some of them are very ordinary buildings, some others certainly not. Why? Of course this is only one possibility.

Finally, I would like to tell you 2 things:

1) If you discuss some interesting topics about law and architecture during this week you can send me the images you proposed with a little comment: I will try to put on the blog some of them.
2) If someone wants my power point presentations just write me an email and I will send them to you.

It was really great to meet you finally!
Best

Nessun commento: